Sahara Desert Trek
Join Nugent on an epic 100km challenge across the Sahara Desert! Departing on 12 November 2023, you will embark on the most amazing 7-day adventure, trekking through stunning desert landscapes by day and camping under the stars at night.
When: Sunday 12th – Saturday 18th November 2023
Where: Sahara Desert – starting and ending in Marrakech
What: trek through the Sahara Desert in aid of Nugent
We are working with Tribal Tracks to bring you the most memorable fundraising experience. The trek is fully supported by Tribal Tracks’ local guides, fantastic chefs, a trek leader, jeeps and camels.
- Experience the varied terrain and the wildlife of the Sahara Desert;
- Trek over plateaus and sand dunes and through valleys, gorges, and stunning oases;
- Trek between 12-30km per day, a total of 100km;
- Fully supported trek with camels and desert guides and cooks;
- Experience the extremes of the desert’s day and night temperatures;
- Sleep under canvas, after an evening looking at the clear African skies around the campfire;
- Enjoy the final night celebration (and a hot shower!) to salute the group’s impressive achievement.
Day 1: Marrakech – Ouarzazate
Arrive at the airport and transfer through ‘the most beautiful road’ in Marrakech, Tichka Pass, for an overnight stay in a hotel with lunch and dinner.
Day 2: Faija – Amda Noumssafi
Meet the camels, cameleers and the trek support group. The day will include 3-4 hours of trekking, with an overnight desert camp at Amda Noumssafi.
Day 3: Amda Noumssafi – Chegaga
Passing by Lmhasser, you will trek along dry riverbeds and go through to the desert sands, and travel through a rocky plateau with an overnight desert camp at Chegaga.
Day 4: Chegaga – Bougarn
You will have lunch under the trees at Tamarist and then head on to the dunes of Bougarn where you will camp for the night.
Day 5: Bougarn – Wadi Naam
You will head out across dunes and desert plain to camp at Oued Naam.
Day 6: Final Day – Oued Naam – Mhamid – Ait Ben Haddou
On the final day of your challenge, you will head towards Mhamid, where you will say goodbye to the amazing crew before letting your hair down in a hotel.
Day 7: Transfer to Marrakech
After breakfast, you will have time to visit the UNESCO World Heritage site at Ait Ben Haddou, after which you will transfer back to Marrakech for some lunch and exploring the city.
To help raise money for Nugent, you can set up a free fundraising page with Local Giving where you can keep track of your donations, have your own fundraising link and thank your supporters.
To set up your fundraising page please follow these 4 easy steps:
- Register an account with Local Giving
- Select Nugent as your chosen charity and select Sahara Desert Trek 2023 as the project
- Create a title for your fundraising page
- Customize your page with images, a bio and a fundraising target and share your fundraising link
For more information about the trip and to see the itinerary in more detail, please visit: the 2023 Nugent Sahara Trek Itinerary
For those taking part in the trek, we’ve created a page that features helpful information to help you on your journey, please visit Sahara Trek Participant Information for more information.
If you have any questions about the challenge please contact our fundraising team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all who have sponsored and supported the Sahara Trek participants!
Photos courtesy of Tribal Tracks